As SaaS businesses scale, having the ability to sell and provide support in multiple languages becomes a competitive advantage. It can even become a necessity to keep pace with the competition.
As a B2B SaaS company you are likely doing business with customers around the world. This is one of the powerful advantages of a web-based businesses: You can serve anyone, anywhere who has an internet connection.
Language Can Be an Advantage
If you’ve put sales and customer support resources in place for customers that speak Chinese, French or Spanish, you’ve learned that internationalizing your business demands that you sell and solve problems in your user’s native tongue. The question becomes, are you doing all you can to gauge customer happiness and gather feedback from your customers whose native tongue is not English?
Surveys and other custom tools can be difficult and expensive to develop in multiple languages, let alone hiring User Experience or Customer Research personnel around the globe.
How can you streamline the process of gathering meaningful, actionable feedback from around the world?
A third-party survey tool, for Net Promoter Score (NPS), Customer Satisfaction (CSAT), or Customer Engagement (CES), may be just what you are looking for.
Here is why:
- NPS, CSAT, and CES are widely accepted quantitative measures of Customer Happiness. They are also great for collecting and responding to qualitative customer feedback. With NPS, the iconic “How likely are you to recommend this product or service to a friend or colleague?” followed by a single open-ended “Care to tell us why?” question is highly effective at eliciting critical feedback. In this age of “survey fatigue,” the streamlined nature of the NPS survey is a better experience for the user, and tends to get higher response rates, than long, multi-question custom surveys.
- CX metrics are beloved by the C-Suite because they supports a customer centric approach to business growth and customer retention. By focusing a company on a single bellwether metric, it encourages Product, Customer Success, Customer Experience, Sales and Marketing to work together to delight customers through enhancements to product and experience.
- Turn-key tools enable companies to begin tracking NPS, CSAT and CES quickly without the need to develop their own surveys and deployment strategies. For example, through a single line of code, Wootric delivers a beautiful, frictionless survey right in your web platform for real-time feedback. We also offer template email and mobile SMS surveys sent as you see fit. Sending these three surveys at key points in your customer’s journey can provide insight into the overall health of your business. At Wootric, we call this holistic, birds-eye view the Trifecta View.
- Some providers offer their surveys in specified languages to meet the needs of customers around the globe. At Wootric, we’ve done the hard work for you to offer our surveys in every language!
- You will also need to draw insights from the feedback you receive. Wootric can help you auto-categorize open-ended feedback comments in any language. If you are receiving qualitative feedback in Portuguese, you can create tags in Portuguese based on text-matching rules that match in Portuguese. Read more about getting the most out of open ended feedback with tagging.
Who Should Be Internationalizing Surveys?
If you already have a multi-language website or SaaS platform, you are ready to go. You may be a B2B company or marketplace serving customers around the globe. Maybe you’re a bank, healthcare organization or public utility servicing an international community. Begin improving your customer experience by using survey tools that can deploy in your customer’s language. At Wootric, our customers pass us their end user’s language and we display the survey in their customer’s language of choice.
Keep in mind, you need to have the customer support personnel in place to respond to feedback in every language that you survey. The feedback you receive in someone’s first language is likely to be richer, but it will only frustrate your users if you don’t respond to it in a timely manner. Follow-up is the critical component of the Customer Experience improvement cycle. It allows you demonstrate that you value feedback and will enable you to strengthen relationships with your customers.
Why Our Customers Choose To Survey in Other Languages
When our customers come to us asking for multiple languages, they know that they want to segment their markets by country. If you are a company based in the US or another English-speaking country, internationalizing your business comes with the extra barrier of language. Offering surveys in customers’ native tongue is expected of companies doing business in the EU and especially expected of large multinational corporations.
Wootric customers are sending out multi-language surveys, segmenting feedback by language/country in order to take into account cultural and regional differences in survey results, and then funneling responses to the appropriate sales and support personnel.
More Than Just Surveys and Metrics
NPS, CSAT and CES are more than just metrics. They are a cycle of measurement, follow-up, insight and impact that drive customer-centric businesses across the globe. It begins with deceptively simple surveys, that can be easily tailored to your end users’ preferred language.
Measure and improve customer experience. Sign up today for free Net Promoter Score, CSAT or Customer Effort Score feedback with Wootric.